Wednesday 29 June 2011

a little cancon


I was asked the other day (thanks Doug) if I could put up more images of local and Canadian bands. I will make an effort to do that since I have a fair bit of Canadian content in my archives. I am going to kick off the look at Canadian rock with Max Webster. These images were from 1979 or 1980. The first time I saw Max Webster was opening for Styx at the Corral in 1977. I had no idea who they were at the time, but I must say I was totally impressed by their show and quirkiness, and was an immediate fan. The first time I shot Max was when they were opening for Rush in 1977. The images from that show I only have as little prints but once I hunt down the negs I will post them along with the Rush images from that show. It was only the 3rd time I had ever shot a concert so I really still didn't know what I was doing, but sure had fun doing it. The following images were probably the 3rd or 4th time seeing Max Webster and they were headlining by this time. Let us all step out in High Class in Borrowed Shoes with Kim Mitchell and the boys in Max Webster circa 1979ish.




Kim Mitchell - Max Webster

Terry Watkinson, Kim Mitchell - Max Webster

Kim Mitchell - Max Webster

Kim Mitchell - Max Webster

Dave Mylesl - Max Webster

Terry Watkinsonl - Max Webster

Gary McCracken, Kim Mitchell, Terry Watkinson - Max Webster

Kim Mitchell - Max Webster

No comments:

Post a Comment